In my English class today, I had to explain that when someone asks you in English, “What do you do?” they mean for work.
What I do now:
- 15 hours a week of academic journal editing
- 4 hours a week research assistant
- 2 hours a week teaching (the equivalent of) community college-level English language
- 3.5 hours a month of teaching Bachelor-level English language
- 1 hour a week of private tutoring
- 3-5 hours a week private language lessons
Since much of the teaching started two weeks ago (all at one time) I’m still getting used to it, along with managing the organization, the preparations, scheduling and copying that needs to be done. Not there yet.